All payments must be made in pounds sterling (GBP) as all our payments are invoiced in UK pound sterling.
All outstanding monies must be paid 7 days after invoice date or before visitor’s arrival, whichever is the sooner. This applies equally with all late Homestay reservations.
All payments must be made to HFS London directly and not the host family. All payments for extensions to Homestays must also be made to HFS London directly and not the host family.
HFS London will not pay for any bank charges. This also applies to any refunds payable to the visitor. Refunds for Homestay will be made in the same method that the payment was received and will be at HFS London’s discretion.
For Bank transfers, please add £10 to your payment to cover all bank charges in the UK. It is important that when making bank transfers to HFS London, you consult your bank with regards to any charges in your country that may be applicable. HFS London will not cover the bank charges from your country for any Homestay booked.
HFS London must be notified of the arrival time at least two working days before arrival in the UK otherwise HFS London cannot guarantee that there will be a host waiting at home, nor will HFS London be held responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of this.
Regarding airport transfers, HFS London will not accept responsibility where incorrect information regarding the arrival has been provided. HFS London will seek to recover all costs arising where incorrect information has been provided.
Regarding airport transfers, there will be no refund for all “no-show” bookings except where HFS London is clearly at fault for non-collection.
HFS London reserves the right to move a visitor from accommodation or refuse to accommodate any visitor should their behaviour be deemed unacceptable.
In all cases of dispute, HFS London reserves the right to have final say on the question of any refund.
We will respond to any post arrival complaint by guest within 24 hours. We will call the host concerned as soon as possible to try to ascertain their perspective on the complaint. If we feel the issue is resolvable we will suggest that the host and guest talk through the issues directly.
If not, and on hearing both sides we deem that there are grounds for relocation, then we will aim to find a suitable alternative. For complaints deemed by us to be non-urgent, please allow up to 7 working days for the relocation. For complaints deemed by us to be urgent we will relocate the student as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours. If we cannot do this then we will offer a refund on the remaining time booked with this host.
If on hearing both sides, we deem that there are not suitable grounds for relocation then we will not relocate the guest.
Should a visitor wish to extend their stay, HFS London must be given 2 week’s notice. Extensions are subject to availability. If an extension with the same Homestay is not possible, HFS London will endeavour to find a similar alternative.
All revisions and extensions to a visitor’s stay must come through HFS London directly and not the host.
If more than 2 weeks’ notice is given, there will be a 100% refund less 2 weeks’ accommodation charge.
For less than 2 weeks’ notice, there will be a 100% refund less 4 weeks’ accommodation charge.
Please note that:
- Written cancellation notice must be given within HFS London’s office hours of Monday to Friday between 9am to 6pm (GMT). Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays (including the days between Christmas and New Year) are excluded.
- In all cases the administration fee is non-refundable.
- For all “no-shows” there will be no refund. A “no-show” occurs where a student or guest fails to arrive at the Homestay on the confirmed arrival date without previous notification to HFS London or the host family. In this situation, the student or guest will have 48 hours after the original date of arrival to contact HFS London or the host family, by which after this period we will impose the no refund policy.
- If after a booking confirmation has been issued and your Host Family subsequently cancels your booking (either before your arrival or during your stay), HFS London will find a suitable and comparable alternative Host Family for you. You will not be entitled to an automatic refund. If the alternative Host Family cannot be found then HFS London will refund you accordingly.
- In all cases of dispute, HFS London reserves the right to have the final say on the question of any refund.